This privacy notice describes how Obex Technologies Ltd. (“we”, “our”, “us”) collect and use personal information about you, including information that you provide directly, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It applies to all individuals who visit our website, suppliers of goods, services and works.
Our contact details are as follows:
Obex Technologies Ltd
Copley Hill Business Park
Cambridge, CB22 3GN
Telephone 01223 941922
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us at the organisational address and contact details above.
As a data controller, we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. This notice explains to you what decisions we have taken in relation to that information.
Third party links
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
General Data protection principles
In collecting and processing your personal information, we will comply with the data protection law in force at the time. This requires that the personal information we hold about you must be:
1) Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2) Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3) Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4) Accurate and kept up to date.
5) Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6) Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you
We will collect, store, and use a limited range of categories of personal information about you. Those categories include:
- Contact Data includes name and email address.
- Financial Data includes bank account details where they are provided to us for payment of goods or services.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
We do not request any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
How is your personal information collected?
Direct interactions. You may give us your Contact Data by filling in a Contact form or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide or that you may have provided when you apply for our products and services or submit a tender, quote or invoice for payment.
How we will use information about you
We will only process your personal information if there is a lawful basis to do so. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- When processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or when processing is required prior to entering into a contract with you.
- When processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us, for example, for one of our statutory functions.
- When processing is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data.
Situations in which we will use your personal information
Where we use your personal information to pursue the legitimate interests of the business, we will only do so provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
If you fail to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested by us, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with products or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, or decline your application, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Do we need your consent to use particularly sensitive information?
We do not need your consent if we use your personal information in accordance with our written policy to carry out our legal obligations. In limited circumstances, we may approach you for your written consent to allow us to process certain particularly sensitive data. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the information that we would like and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. You should be aware that it is not a condition of any contract with us that you agree to any request for consent from us.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers, for instance transaction data will be shared with an accountancy services provider for the purposes of processing HMRC records and company financial records. All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained from us at the organisational address and contact details shown above.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, the law grants you specific rights. These are summarised below. Please note that your rights may be limited and subject to restrictions in certain situations:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us at the organisational address and contact details shown above.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In any circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at the organisational address and contact details shown above. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Complaints to the ICO
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us, at the organisational address and contact details shown above.